The Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society is looking for volunteers! Areas in which we could use your assistance as a member of the Society include:
1. Fund raising efforts under the direction of the President, Board or Committee Chairman; which could include planning large public events, anniversary celebrations, etc.
2. Becoming a docent for the Sussex Depot Museum or for any future museum we develop, and/or being trained to work on the Archive collection.
3. Assisting at public events by transporting, setting up and taking down our display and/or manning a booth or table to promote the Society, Museum and Archive.
5. Assisting in, or providing ideas for, Social Media outlets and sending out messages under the direction of the Archivist, i.e.: Twitter, Instagram, History Pin, Facebook, SLAHS website.
6. Assisting in decorating the Sussex Depot Museum, or a new museum–taking down and putting up decor. Helping to design and mount exhibits for the Museum along with helping with art work, posters, photographing historical buildings & artifacts, etc.
8. Serving on the Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society Board of Directors.
9. Serving the Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society Board of Directors in an advisory capacity.
10. Light housekeeping, etc., like you would in your own home.
11. Offering pro-bono services if you are in a trade to do any of the tasks in point 9. Other trade skills we may need could include upgrading or simple repairs to electrical wiring and outlets, professional wall repair or painting, exhibit building like walls or movable or fixed display boards or cases, carpentry, lock installation, plumbing inspection and repair, water heater inspection, repair or replacement, and furnace and central air inspection repair or replacement. We will need skilled help to install original architectural elements like original exterior doors, light fixtures, bathroom fixtures, and bathroom lighting.
See the reverse side of this sheet for our Time and Talents Survey to let us know what skill or professional or amateur ability you have and what time availability you have. Please return this survey to SLAHS, PO Box 2, Sussex, WI 53089-0002.
Please check all boxes that apply on this Time and Talents Survey
to let us know what skills or professional and amateur abilities you have and are willing to share with us, even if its just from time to time. We would like to know you all, better and involve you in what we do!
*If you have Professional or Trade skills which you would be willing to donate
pro bono, or at a reduced rate, please contact Mike Reilly, Museum Director/SLAHS President, at 414-530-3121 to discuss them.
SLAHS TIME AND TALENTS SURVEY
Are you currently a Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society member?
All Year Academic Summer
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Time of day:
Morning Afternoon Evening
Interests: (Check all that apply).
Distribution of fliers around town and nearby, banks, churches, library, village halls
School flier/ distribution to area schools
Hospitality/Sign-in Table, Refreshments Special event support
Special Event Planning Ticket Chair for Events
Photocopying Data Entry Mailings Special Clerical Projects
Archives Researcher Archives Collection work with training.
Museum Docent/Tour Guide with training Museum Decorating
Museum set-up/Displays/Exhibit Design and/ or Fabrication
Skills you would be willing to share, even once in a while: (check all that apply.)
Acting Arts & Crafts Carpentry Decorating Drawing or painting
Writing school curriculum Teaching
Fund raising Chair a fund raising committee
Public speaking Designing and/or giving PowerPoint presentations
Writing copy for newsletters/press releases Placing PR online and with papers.
Doing video or audio recording Digital editing
Blogging Setting up accounts and posting to Social Media outlets (with content supervision)
Data Entry Clerical skills/ Word Processing
Sewing Sign Language Singing Playing piano or other instrument
Painting walls Wallpapering Carpentry Plumbing Flooring Electrical
Heavy cleaning Light housekeeping Cooking/Baking
Outdoor grounds maintenance
I would like to speak to someone about becoming a SLAHS Board member.
I would like to be contacted about becoming an active volunteer, now!
I can’t volunteer, right now, but I can suggest someone who would like to:
2/10/15 slahs-volunteer docs-time and talents-survey